Disclaimer: Please note that we have created this guide for education purposes, these instructions might not always successfully work as some printer manufacturers only allow their own drivers.
Open a terminal window:
- Click the `K` in the bottom left corner `-> Code -> Terminal`
- Type `sudo apt-get update` and press `ENTER`
- Enter your password (`kano` by default)
This step will make sure you have the latest version of the cups software available
After the update is complete:
- Type `sudo apt-get install cups` and press `ENTER`
Enable management of the printers (replace `<your_username>` with your username):
- type `sudo usermod -a -G lpadmin <your_username>` and press `ENTER`
Open a web browser and navigate to `http://127.0.0.1:631`:
Go to the `Administration` pane:
Click `Add Printer`:
Enter your username and password (this is the same username and password that you used earlier).
Select your printer from the list of discovered printers and click `Continue`:
Name your printer and click `Continue`
Select your printer model from the list and click `Add Printer`:
Get the default settings from the printer by selecting `Query Printer for Default Options`:
You should be now good to print.
If you get stuck, more details can be found here