Kano OS comes with a simple but powerful tool to keep your system always up to date: Kano Updater.
How can I update my system?
You have 3 different options to run the Updater:
- Start menu (K) > Others > Updater
- Apps > Others tab > Updater
- Updater widget in the bottom bar menu
When does the software team release an update?
We try to release a new update usually with bug fixes, improvements and possibly new features every 3 weeks. A post will be published in our forum as soon as we release it.
How do I know if an update is available?
The system will auto-detect if an update is available. If so the following 2 things will happen:
- A pop-up will come up after boot or after resuming the system from the screensaver, prompting you to update.
- The Updater widget will turn orange
How can I check the current version of my system?
There are 2 ways to check in which version your system is currently in:
- Go to Settings > About
- Open a terminal (K > Code > Terminal) and type kanux-version
Where can I see a detailed list of changes?
We publish the list of main changes on our forum the same day of the release. These are some examples: