Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is required for a device to be compatible with the Harry Potter Kano Coding Kit.
Please use the information below to determine if your device has Bluetooth Low Energy support.
Here's how to determine if your MAC computer is Bluetooth Low Energy compliant:
- Click the Finder menu.
- Select About This Mac.
- Click on the More Info... button.
- Click on the System Report... button.
- Make sure you are in the Hardware section of the sidebar. Find and select Bluetooth.
- Check the Bluetooth Low Energy Supported line. If that line says Yes, your Mac computer supports Bluetooth Low Energy. If that line says No, your Mac computer does not support Bluetooth Low Energy and will not be compatible with the Harry Potter Kano Coding Kit.
Here's how to determine if your Windows 10 computer is Bluetooth Low Energy compliant:
- Press Windows + X to open the Start Menu.
- Select Device Manager.
- Select Bluetooth from the sidebar on the left. This will expand to show Bluetooth drivers.
- If there is a driver named Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator then your Windows 10 computer supports Bluetooth Low Energy.
Bluetooth Low Energy is supported on the following iPads:
- iPad 4th Generation and newer
- iPad Mini 2 and newer
- iPad Air 2 and newer
- iPad Pro and newer
If your iPad model is not listed above, then your iPad does not support Bluetooth Low Energy.
There is lots of device variation across Android tablets. Not all of them come with Bluetooth Low Energy so it's important to check.
To determine if your Android tablet is Bluetooth Low Energy compliant, you can use this free app (BLE Checker) to confirm whether or not your device is compatible.