It's currently a known issue that in the newest version of Kano OS (v4.2) the WiFi disconnects after a reboot. The Software Engineering team found a workaround that will allow Kano OS to reconnect to the WiFi it was last connected to after a reboot. This should stop the issue from happening, though the Software Engineering team is still working on finding a more permanent fix for a future update of Kano OS.
Please follow these steps:
1. Connect to your WiFi on the Computer Kit
2. Open the Terminal app (not Terminal Quest)
3. Type in the following command, then press 'Enter':
sudo mv /lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks/10-wpa_supplicant /root
4. If the Terminal asks for a password, type the following word, then press 'Enter':
Please note that you may not be able to see the password being typed, but the Terminal and your keyboard are still functioning properly.
5. Exit the Terminal and reboot the Computer Kit. When the Computer Kit restarts, the WiFi connection that you were last connected to should still be connected.
If these steps do not allow Kano OS to reconnect to the WiFi it was last connected to when the Computer Kit starts up, please submit a request to our Customer Success team.