There are lots of exciting changes happening with Kano and we want to make sure you are up to date on everything new!
With these exciting changes come some updates to how Kano OS and Kano World work. Please read through this article fully to understand how to make sure everything with your Kano Kits and your Kano World account runs smoothly going forward.
Kano OS v4.3.2
- Kano OS is updating to version 4.3.2! 🎉
- To update your Kano Kit to the newest version, you’ll see a prompt on your Kano Kit to update the OS when you next use your kit while connected to the internet.
- If you don’t see a prompt, follow these steps to make sure you’re on the latest version.
Please note: Kano Kits shipped with Raspberry Pi 2 or earlier will no longer be supported and cannot update to Kano OS v4.3.2. This is due to the fact that the last version of Kano OS to run on Raspberry Pi 2 was Kano OS v3.16. This means that Kano Kits running on Raspberry Pi 2 or earlier will no longer be able to access Kano World. 😢
- We are making some privacy and moderation changes. All accounts will need to be linked to the email address of a parent/guardian.
- All Kano World users will need to go through the new registration flow where we ask for a parents/guardians email address. Parents/Guardians will receive a consent email for their child to opt-in to Kano World community features, such as sharing, liking, or commenting on creations. Users who do not have consent from a parent/guardian can still use the Kano apps, do and complete challenges, and browse the Kano World community, but they won’t be able to interact with community features.
- We are adding more moderation too: from now on, all creations and comments will be checked before being posted online.
- We’re removing the ‘bio’ from Kano World profile pages. We’re doing this because we want to make sure no personally identifiable information is on your public Kano World profile page.
- Make sure you update your Kano App when it prompts you to do so to continue using Kano World features.